Such a clever way to display an ironstone gravy boat. Frog Hollow vintage decor uses the US Marine Corp chunky vessel as the ‘plate stand’ for the hexagon dish by Meakin with its geometric design. A thick ironstone underplate and a resin antler finish the simple display piece. Items included with this vignette are-
- ironstone underplate- 8 1/2”x 6” Cockson, Chetwynd & Co. Imperial
- vintage ironstone bread plate- 7” Homespun J & G Meakin England
- US Marine Corp ironstone gravy boat- 10” x 3” x 4 1/2” USQMC Shenango China New Castle PA
- resin antler- 4 1/2” x 3”
- a professionally styled photo to keep as reference
The majority of the items used for the vignettes are antiques or thrift store finds and not reproductions. Ironstone dishes and other antiques have the built in character of crazing, minor chips, browning and other signs of use through the years. This authentic look of age and wear all lends itself to the romance of french country or the comfort of farmhouse bringing character and charm to your home.