Who says a shelf must be hung on the wall?? Frog Hollow vintage decor re-imagines the traditional role of this black, distressed wooden carved shelf by placing it upside down and displaying it on a flat surface. Layer in beautiful red transferware with pastoral scenes of farm life in bucolic Davenport, a wooden butter paddle with a couple roosting vintage hens, and the light hearted touch of a few BINGO cards. The finished vignette is quite stunning. Items included are-
- 2 red transferware small fruit bowls- 5” Pastoral Davenport AJ Wilkinson England
- red transferware bread plate- 6” Pastoral Davenport AJ Wilkinson England
- small plate stand
- small restaurantware creamer- 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 3", Shenango China USA
- 4 demitasse spoons- 4 1/2", 1847 Rogers Bros
- rooster shaped creamer- 5" x 2" x 3", ERPHILA Germany
- rooster salt shaker- 3" x 1 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- wooden butter paddle- 9" x 2"
- 5 vintage BINGO cards- 3 1/2" x 6"
- 2 vintage hankies w/lace edging
- black distressed carved shelf- 18” x 7” x 7 1/2”
- a professionally styled photo to keep as reference
The majority of the items used for the vignettes are antiques or thrift store finds and not reproductions. Ironstone dishes and other antiques have the built in character of crazing, minor chips, browning and other signs of use through the years. This authentic look of age and wear all lends itself to the romance of french country or the comfort of farmhouse bringing character and charm to your home.