Repurposing a utilitarian object such as a chamber pot for your home's decor may seem questionable but not when it comes to ironstone chamber pots. These 19th century vessels have become a sought after decor item in farmhouse design. Frog Hollow vintage decor has matched the sweet size of the child's chamber pot with natural, earthy touches found in the wooden board, natural bristle paint brushes, and the b&w drawings of butterflies to create a beautiful vignette for fall and beyond. Items included are-
- ironstone child sized chamber pot w/ gray ribbon- 6 1/2" x 4 1/2"
- oval shaped wooden cutting board- 8" x 5"
- vintage inspired butterfly card
- 3 wooden handled paint brushes
- crumpled brown tissue paper
- a professionally styled photo to keep as reference
The majority of the items used for the vignettes are antiques or thrift store finds and not reproductions. Ironstone dishes and other antiques have the built in character of crazing, minor chips, browning and other signs of use through the years. This authentic look of age and wear all lends itself to the romance of french country or the comfort of farmhouse bringing character and charm to your home.